Internal/External Posting – Behaviour Consultant (1 FTE) – HBBS
INTERNAL/ EXTERNAL POSTING – 08/12-20/HBBS
Behaviour Consultant (1 Fte)
Willowbridge Community Services (formally known as Family Counselling Center of Brant – FCCB) is a not-for-profit organization offering developmental services, counselling, and financial empowerment across Hamilton, Brantford, Niagara, and Haldimand Norfolk. Here, we believe that everyone deserves relationship, community, and celebration.
At times, people with a developmental disability and dual diagnosis may express their unmet needs through behaviour that confuses or concerns others. The experience of pain, trauma, frustration or a lack of control can be difficult to communicate and for some individuals may result in behaviours that disrupt their ability to live a good life.
Pivot Behaviour Supports offers behaviour consultation, short-term clinics, training opportunities and various groups to help individuals learn new skills, assist caregivers in understanding unmet needs and to develop effective interventions in the home and community. Our Behaviour Consultants focus on interventions that address the root causes of behaviour and reduce behavioural disruptions in everyday life. We are looking for a high performing team player to join us.
- – Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, Counselling or related discipline in social science or human services field and/or 3-year college diploma in social sciences or human services field with 2 years clinical experience in social services settings (Or equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree).
- – Experience with individuals with a developmental disability and with individuals who have a dual diagnosis
- – Training in understanding the role of behaviour.
- – Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- – Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- – Proven ability to work as part of a team.
- – Knowledge and understanding of trauma, its impact on attachment relationships, and how these relate to intergenerational trauma.
- – Understanding of service delivery systems in the not-for-profit sector.
- – Designation as a Board Certified Behaviour Analyst (BCBA) considered an asset.
Please forward your cover letter & resume in one document to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:30 p.m. on December 15, 2020
Willowbridge aims to provide a diversity-friendly work environment and particularly encourages people of all ethnicities, genders, sexual/gender identities, cultural backgrounds, abilities and beliefs to apply.