Behaviour Consultant — Full-Time Position
Willowbridge Community Services (formerly known as Family Counselling Center of Brant – FCCB) is a not-for-profit organization offering developmental services, counselling, and financial empowerment across Hamilton, Brantford, Niagara, and Haldimand Norfolk. Here, we believe that everyone deserves relationship, community, and celebration.
Willowbridge Community Services provides behaviour consultation using applied behaviour analysis to support individuals with developmental disabilities. We explore with individuals their strengths and resources they can use to overcome the challenges they are facing. We use a trauma and attachment informed lens to our behaviour consultation model that is welcoming and safe, where our clients, their families and service providers can find solutions to help reach their potential, harness their strengths and support their goals of participating more fully in their community through work, play and friendship.
Our Behaviour Consultants provide person-centred service focusing on improving relationships, wellbeing, and healing from trauma. We teach the skills for handling difficult situations, making healthy decisions, and reaching goals.
Please note that Willowbridge requires that all newly hired employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of being hired. We require proof of full vaccination or proof of a bona fide medical or Human Rights Code exemption.
- – Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in a social science or human services field and/or 3-year college diploma in social science or human services field with 2 years clinical experience in a social service setting (that is deemed by Willowbridge as equivalent to a Bachelor degree).
- -Experience with individuals with a developmental disability and a dual diagnosis.
- -Training in understanding the role of behaviour.
- -Knowledge and understanding of trauma and intergenerational trauma and its effects on attachment.
- -Understanding of the service delivery system.
- -Designation as a Board-Certified Behaviour Analyst (BCBA) will be considered an asset.
- -Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- -Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- -Proven ability to work as part of a team.
- -Ability to handle multiple demands in a manner that facilitates collaboration.
- -Proficient competency with Microsoft Office and Client Database Applications.
Please forward your cover letter & resume in one document to
firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:30 p.m. on December 3, 2021
Willowbridge aims to provide a diversity-friendly work environment and particularly encourages people of all ethnicities, genders, sexual/gender identities, cultural backgrounds, abilities and beliefs to apply.