Counsellor — Part-Time Position
INTERNAL/EXTERNAL POSTING 12/11-21
Willowbridge Community Services (formerly known as Family Counselling Center of Brant – FCCB) is a not-for-profit organization offering developmental services, counselling, and financial empowerment across Hamilton, Brantford, Niagara, and Haldimand Norfolk. Here, we believe that everyone deserves relationship, community, and celebration.
At Willowbridge Community Services we believe that counselling can make a difference when people encounter situations that are hard to face alone. Willowbridge provides confidential counselling and psychotherapy to individuals, couples, and families to explore the strengths and resources they can use to overcome challenges. Our counsellors focus on improving relationships, wellbeing, and healing from trauma. We teach skills for managing difficult situations, making healthy decisions, and reaching goals. We listen to clients’ unique experiences and offer a safe, non-judgmental space where they can move towards building a more positive future.
Please note that Willowbridge requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of being hired. We require proof of full vaccination, proof of a bona fide medical, or Human Rights Code exemption.
- -Master of Social Work Degree (or equivalent) and Registration with the appropriate professional body.
- -Experience providing individual, couple and/or family therapy, using strength-based, narrative counselling approaches.
- Knowledge of business and human resources practice organizational development and workplace wellness.
- -Special training or experience in group education and program design an asset
- -Ability to lead discussions, conceptualize and communicate effectively
- -Experience in providing short-term, single-session therapeutic counselling
- -Strong assessment, counselling, and liaison skills
- -Effective problem solving and conflict management skills
- -Ability to manage multiple demands in a manner that facilitates collaboration
- -Proficient competency with Microsoft Office and Client Database Applications
- -Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Please forward your cover letter & resume in one document to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:30 p.m. on December 3, 2021
Willowbridge is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and welcome applicants from all cultures, ages, ability, and sexual and gender identities. Applicants must be willing to demonstrate and adhere to anti-oppressive and anti-racist principles. We shall make reasonable accommodations to enable applicants with disabilities to participate in the interview process upon request.