Director HR & Business Operations
INTERNAL/EXTERNAL POSTING 09/10-21/ADMIN/Director HR & Business Operations
Willowbridge Community Services (formerly known as Family Counselling Center of Brant – FCCB) is a not-for-profit organization offering developmental services, counselling, and financial empowerment across Hamilton, Brantford, Niagara, and Haldimand Norfolk. Here, we believe that everyone deserves relationship, community, and celebration.
The Director Human Resources and Business Operations will direct the operations of the Human Resources, IT, Facilities and Maintenance functions and provide direct supervision, mentoring and support to assigned staff assigned to their department. They are responsible for promoting a culture consistent with Willowbridge’s values and strategic objectives, by planning and managing and Implementing human resources strategies/programs, by establishing department accountabilities, including talent acquisition, staffing, employment processing, compensation, health and welfare benefits, training and development, records management, safety and health, succession planning, employee retention, compliance, organizational culture, including workplace violence and employee relations. Reporting to the Executive Director the position is also responsible for the managing facilities and administration related to office operations. The position further provides oversight of the Willowbridge Finance and IT function and will be the IT Designate for the organization. Please see attached Job Description for full details of the position.
- – Master’s Degree in Human Resources Management and/or Organizational Development and/or Undergraduate degree in Human Resources Management with 3 years’ experience in Human Resources Generalist role (that is deemed by Willowbridge as equivalent to a Master degree) or equivalent.
- – Registration with the Human Resources Professional Association
- – Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a leadership position within a non-profit setting
- – Ability to lead discussions, conceptualize and communicate effectively
- – Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- – Superior organizational and time-management skills
- – Proficiency in interpreting employment, health and safety, payroll and other related legislative requirements and ensuring compliance
- – Proven ability to work as part of a team
- – Knowledge and understanding of trauma and its effects on attachment and intergenerational trauma
- – Understanding of service delivery systems in the not-for-profit sector
Please forward your cover letter & resume in one document to email@example.com.
Willowbridge aims to provide a diversity-friendly work environment and particularly encourages people of all ethnicities, genders, sexual/gender identities, cultural backgrounds, abilities, and beliefs to apply.