INTERNAL/EXTERNAL POSTING – Intake Worker (7 hours/week) and Reception (up to 14 hours/week) Willowbridge
Willowbridge Community Services (formerly known as Family Counselling Center of Brant) is a not-for-profit organization offering developmental services and counselling across Hamilton, Brantford, Niagara, and Haldimand Norfolk. Here, we believe that everyone deserves relationship, community, and celebration.
Willowbridge is seeking one or more candidates for two positions:
1. The Intake Worker (7 hours/week) is responsible for supporting access to services for participants and their families. The Intake Worker offers a warm welcome and facilitates service requests. They are an active member of the intake team, which supports all agency departments in a seamless fashion to ensure the non-judgmental and confidential provision of coordinated service. The Worker will also provide guidance and support as needed, to ensure people have the support they need to access safe housing, medical, financial, and/or mental health services. The Intake Worker shall practice inclusivity and provide a trauma and attachment informed service.
2. The Receptionist (up to 14 hours/week) is responsible for greeting service participants and visitors in a warm manner, answering phones, scheduling appointments and managing inquiries. This position shall be part of the administrative team that offers critical support to ensure optimal service delivery. The Receptionist shall uphold our organizational values, practicing inclusivity and providing trauma and attachment informed service.
▪ Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or equivalent related discipline with 2 years’ work experience working with individuals with a developmental disability, mental health and/or a dual diagnosis.
▪ One year experience providing intake services or customer service.
▪ Excellent problem-solving and assessment skills.
▪ Proven knowledge and experience collaborating with community services.
▪ Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and exercise sound judgment.
▪ Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
▪ Ability to maintain composure in challenging situations and when presented with multiple demands.
▪ Proven ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
▪ Ability to communicate with participants, staff, volunteers and the general public in a respectful, cooperative and professional manner.
▪ Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
▪ Competency with Microsoft Office.
▪ Proven ability to work as part of a team.
Please forward your cover letter & resume in one document to email@example.com by 4:30 p.m. on, December 31, 2021
Willowbridge aims to provide a diversity-friendly work environment and particularly encourages people of all ethnicities, genders, sexual/gender identities, cultural backgrounds, abilities, and beliefs to apply.