Counselling Services – Relief Counsellor – 2 Positions
INTERNAL / EXTERNAL POSTING – 01/01-21/Counselling Services
Willowbridge Community Services (formerly known as Family Counselling Center of Brant – FCCB) is a not-for-profit organization offering developmental services, counselling, and financial empowerment across Hamilton, Brantford, Niagara, and Haldimand Norfolk. Here, we believe that everyone deserves relationship, community, and celebration.
At times, we all encounter situations that we are not equal to or that are hard to face alone. During those times, counselling can make a difference. With over 100 years of experience, Willowbridge Community Services provides confidential counselling and psychotherapy to individuals, couples, and families to explore the strengths and resources they can use to overcome the challenges they are facing.
Our Counsellors focus on improving relationships, wellbeing, and healing from trauma. We teach the skills for handling difficult situations, making healthy decisions, and reaching goals. We are looking for two high performing team players to join us.
- – Master of Social Work Degree (or equivalent) and Registration with the appropriate professional body.
- – At least five years’ experience providing individual, couple and/or family therapy, using strength-based, narrative counselling approaches.
- – Knowledge of business and human resources practice organizational development and workplace wellness.
- – Special training or experience in group education and program design an asset.
- – Ability to lead discussions, conceptualize and communicate effectively
- – Experience in providing short-term, single session therapeutic counselling.
- – Strong assessment, counselling and liaison skills.
- – Effective problem solving and conflict management skills.
- – Ability to handle multiple demands in a manner that facilitates collaboration.
- – Proficient competency with Microsoft Office and Client Database Applications.
- – Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Please forward your cover letter & resume in one document to email@example.com
Willowbridge aims to provide a diversity-friendly work environment and particularly encourages people of all ethnicities, genders, sexual/gender identities, cultural backgrounds, abilities and beliefs to apply.