Pivot Behaviour Supports
In Behaviour Consultation, the primary goal is to better understand what needs an individual is trying to communicate through challenging behaviour and to create an effective plan to support these needs in a way that provides positive outcomes for the individual. Our consultants work to help individuals and their families achieve independence, strong relationships and opportunities in the community.
Our program focuses on how to support positive behaviour through:
- Listening to and unpacking an individual’s unique experience and story
- Helping to create consistency through coordination of key supporting roles (home, school, community, and workplaces)
- Encouraging, teaching, and reinforcing new skills
- Mindfulness and behaviour modelling
- Providing a safe and inclusive environment
This service is available to adults in Hamilton, Brantford and Brant County, First Nation communities of the Six Nations of the Grand River and Mississaugas of the New Credit First Nation.
All Developmental Programs
for Pivot Behavior Supports
Behaviour Consultation for Adults
Get help to support positive communication and behaviours in adults with developmental disabilities.Learn More
Behaviour Consultation for Children
Get help to support communication, self-expression and behaviours in children and youth with developmental disabilities.Learn More