External Job Opportunity – Ontario Health Team
The Ontario Health Team is hiring for a communications position. This is NOT a position with Willowbridge, however, it is an excellent opportunity for someone seeking a communications role.
Working together so people across Brantford Brant are able to get the information, support and access to services that they need to live healthy lives for as long as possible.
The Brantford Brant Ontario Health Team (BBOHT) was approved by the Ministry of Health on October 16, 2020. There are currently 14 signatory agencies spanning the health care and community service continuum in Brantford and Brant County. The BBOHT’s strategy is grounded in population health with the aim to improve health outcomes and patient experience for the priority focus areas of addictions and mental health, dementia care and homelessness in Year 1. Additionally, the OHT is embarking on a digital health strategy to facilitate care coordination and information transfer. A strong connection and partnerships with the Indigenous population at the Six Nations of the Grand River, Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation and the urban Indigenous population is foundational work of the BBOHT.
The Grand River Community Health Centre is the host organization for the Communications Coordinator for the Brantford Brant Ontario Health Team.
POSITION: Communications Coordinator
STATUS: Temporary, Full Time (until June 30, 2022)
DEPARTMENT: OHT Secretariat
EMPLOYER: Grand River Community Health Centre
SITE: Currently virtual, some travel to partner locations may be required.
SALARY RANGE: $55,595 to $66,378 (annual, commensurate with experience)
Reporting to the OHT Director, the Communications Coordinator will be part of the OHT Secretariat and support a variety of communications and engagement activities for the BBOHT. The ideal candidate is comfortable navigating ambiguity and managing multiple, competing priorities. They are an excellent written and verbal communicator with attention to detail.
– Develop and implement BBOHT communications and engagement strategies, including but not limited to:
– Developing and maintaining BBOHT web presence targeted at community and clinicians
– Coordinating social media presence and activities
– Develop communications tools that will broaden and deepen the reach and impact of activities
– Acting as the key point of contact for communication queries and activities, including escalation to OHT Director as needed
– Coordinating the planning, writing, editing, production and distribution of reports, newsletters, publications and other communications
– Proofreading and editing reports as needed
– Ensuring quality control of external documents/communications
– Support and work alongside the Communications Work Group of the OHT, which includes communication experts from OHT partner agencies.
– Support other communications and engagement activities as needed.
Skills and Experience
– Undergraduate Degree in communications, public health, business administration with focus on marketing and branding
– Demonstrated experience organizing meetings and events
– Demonstrated experience in leading and developing communication materials on change management
– Demonstrated experience using various social media platforms and knowledge of social media engagement strategies
– Demonstrated ability to develop effective and comprehensive reports and presentations for various audiences, including patients and their families, community members, executives, administrators, and clinicians
– Demonstrated ability to write and edit clear, engaging, and grammatically correct content
– Knowledge and application of adult learning/teaching principles
– Demonstrated oral communication and interpersonal skills sufficient to convey information in a clear, concise way, synthesizing information and presenting it to others
– Demonstrated knowledge of or experience working with First Nations, Metis or Inuit Communities including the diversities amongst First Nations, Inuit and Métis communities, cultures, and histories.
– Proven creative thinking and proven systematic organizational skills to work independently without supervision, determine workload priorities to complete work in a timely manner, and identify and resolve problems
– Ability to work under pressure and tight timelines
– Demonstrated innovative and out-of-the-box thinking and ability to handle and navigate ambiguity
– Previous, relevant experience in healthcare context
– Graphic design skills and video/multimedia production (preferred)
To submit your application, please forward your cover letter and resume to [email protected].
The Grand River Community Health Centre is an equal opportunity employer, committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace. We welcome applications from women, members of racialized groups, visible minorities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientation and persons of any gender identity or gender expression.
To ensure there is equal opportunity during the recruitment and selection process, Grand River Community Health Centre provides accommodation for applicants with disabilities upon request.